Team Building with Murder Mystery Dinner Theater Shows
Our events are very entertaining since the use of professional actors helps to spike up the energy of any Team Building event. We have learned that our brand of applied Team Building dynamics encourages individual skills to emerge in a group atmosphere where everyone feels equal, and simple tasks are organized, shared and implemented within a manageable time frame. Another bonus is that many employees rediscover their sense of humor that seems to have been forgotten on the long road of working on back-to-back projects with pressure deadlines. In short, we always wind up with Teams of smiling faces and lots of fun memories to reflect back on when they return to their regular work routines.
Team Building has grown steadily, world-wide, since the late 1980’s and has been an important aspect of Corporate life ever since. Employees create various dynamics during work projects, simply by the way they communicate with each other, or give and take directions. Some of these results are positive. And yet others are negative and seek to undermine the team’s effectiveness and enthusiasm. Forward thinking managers embrace the concept that good old-fashioned camaraderie and teamwork are essential qualities that pay handsome dividends in the long run. A positive mindset, respect for management, and dedication to production goals are the Utopian ideals for most companies, and Team Building attributes can certainly play a role in all of these areas.
Do any of the following conditions apply to your staff?
- Have you recently formed a project and assigned new employees to a team?
- Are any of your current teams losing momentum and focus?
- Have you finished a recent, grueling project and need a “time-out” to regroup, charge your batteries and prepare for the new task?
- Has your team undergone any personnel changes?
- Has your team lost steam and direction?
- Are certain personalities and past job performances affecting the current working environment?
- Have you consolidated departments, transferred employees, or merged with another company?
If any of the above situations sound familiar to you, then you may be in a position to consider the advantages of a Team Building experience. Our company has provided a wide range of Team Building activities and events for Silicon Valley companies and international corporations.
Amazon Rainforest Trivia Questions
Which of the following is NOT something that wood is made into?
- Rayon fabric
- Photographic film
Which of the following big cats lives in the Amazon rainforest?
Where are 70% of the world’s remaining old growth forests?
- Russia, Canada, and Brazil
- Borneo and Africa
- The U.S and Canada
- The Amazon
The United States has already lost how much of its old growth forests?
How many trees are cut every year to make paper products?
- One billion
- Two billion
- Three billion
- Four billion
About how many acres of tropical rain forest are cut every minute?
- 5 acres
- 10 acres
- 30 acres
- 50 acres
What is the typical texture of the bark on a tree in the rain forest?
- Thick–to protect against heat and water loss
- Thin and smooth–to protect against creeping plants
- It varies–making it easy to tell one tree from another
- Thick and smooth–to protect against predation
Which of the following animals is NOT found in the Amazon Rainforest?
- Pink Dolphins
- Pink Flamingos
Which of the following is NOT a requirement for a forest to be classified as a “tropical rainforest?
- Lie between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn
- Receive regular rainfall: 100-400 inches a year
- Support at least 50 species of animals and insects per acre
- Remain warm and frost free all year long (mean temperatures are between 70F and 85F) with little fluctuation
Blowgun darts are made to kill prey for food and clothing in the Amazon. Where does the poison most often come from?
Which of the following is not one of the 4 layers of the rainforest?
- Emergent Layer
- Forest Floor
- First Story
When rain forest trees are felled or burned, they:
- Contribute to diversity in the forest by allowing in sunlight
- Help new trees to grow better by opening up space
- Emit CO2 that possibly contributes to global warming
- Can grow back within a few years due to abundant rain
Where are most of the nutrients of a rainforest ecosystem stored?
- In vegetation
- In animals
- In the soil
- In the rivers and tributaries
In most tropical countries how many trees are replanted for every 10 cut?
Where are most animals in the rainforest found?
- On the floor, where there is less chance of injury
- In low-hanging branches, where they can escape predation
- In the canopy, where most of the vegetation is located
- Most animals spend equal amounts of time all over the rain forest
What are the functions of the rain forest root system?
- It holds soil in place, preventing erosion
- It absorbs rainfall and regulates water runoff
- It replenishes groundwater and regulates flow of rivers
- All of the above
Almost 65% of Central America has been cleared for what?
- Pastureland for grazing cattle which are exported as meat
- Sustainable agriculture projects
- Homes for people
- Growing coffee and bananas
In the past decade, how many tribes of indigenous peoples have been wiped out in Brazil?
Which of the following diseases or medical problems have been cured, solved or eased with plants discovered in rainforests?
- Malaria (the bark of the cinchona tree produces quinine)
- A muscle relaxant during surgery (curare, a vine extract used by indigenous peoples to poison arrows and darts)
- Strokes, seizure, depression and Alzheimer’s disease (secretions of an Amazonian frog called Phyllomedusa bicolor)
- All of the above
Leaf Cutter ants in the rain forest live on fungus for food. How do the ants find fungus?
- They bring leaves and flowers back to the nest, chew them to a pulp, and spit them out as a growing medium for the fungus
- During daylight, they gather the fungus from under certain leaves
- During evening, they gather fungus from leaves on trees, protecting the trees from fungus invasion
- Leaf Cutter ants rely on another animal to supply food
It is estimated that what percent of re-growth in tropical cleared areas is due to fruit eating bats, who do not avoid cleared land the way birds do?
What are the most unique features of the Aye-Aye, a primate from rain forests in Madagascar?
- A unique corkscrew tail and incredibly strong fingers
- Huge eyes and one extremely long finger
- Eye patterns on the back of its head
- Blue-green markings on its shoulders
What animal of the Brazilian rainforest was discovered in the last 20 years?
- Mountain Gorilla
- The Red Frog
- Spider Monkey
- Golden Lion Tamarin
When a piece of rainforest is bulldozed, what do people put in its place?
- another rainforest
- a shopping center
What did Indiana Jones escape with in the plane, out of the jungle, at the start of “Raiders of the Lost Ark”?
- Ark of the Covenant
- Golden Idol
- A Snake
What did Sean Connery find the cure for, in the jungles of Brazil, in the 1992 adventure drama “Medicine Man”?
Which South American country’s name is said to
have come from the cry of a native bird?
Hawaii’s smallest of eight major islands is:
- Maui (727 sq mi)
- Oahu (597)
- Lanai (141)
- Kahoolawe (45).
If you were to travel to every island in the Japanese Archipelago,
roughly how many trips would you need to make?
In the Brazilian jungle, women of the Apinaye tribe bite off portions of their mates eyebrows during:
- start of the rainy season
- the annual big hunt
- a tribal dance
In the African jungle, a lion’s roar can be heard:
- only when it is ready to eat
- only when it feels threatened
- 1 mile away
- 10 miles away.
African Lions actually spend most of their lives in:
- total denial
- arthritic pain
- in the grasslands
- the deep jungle